The Messenger: Pastor Davis
Text: Matthew 2:1-12
The Magi came from the east to Jerusalem and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? King Herod sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and search carefully for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him.” On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. The Magi had a mind-changing experience after they saw Jesus and left a different way. (Matthew 2:1-12)
Luke 5:37 tells the story of old and new wine skins. “And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the new wine will burst the skins; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined.” In other words, when you get ready to do something new, do not attach it to something that is old lest you ruin the integrity of both things.
As we enter 2019, God wants us to seize the opportunity to see every day as an opportunity to experience God. We should not walk into the new year with the same mindset and attitude of last year. How do we change our mindset and be blessed?
- Recognize that you need to change your ways.
- Make a vow to follow Jesus Christ every day.
- Let God’s will be your will; spend time with God.
- Stop seeking counsel from people who do not know God.
- Study, read the bible and have faith.
- Stop being self-centered; it’s about God not about you.
- Seize the opportunity; stop doing the same things over and over, expecting to get a different result.
Let’s all try something new! Seize the moment! Embrace the new things that God has in store for us, and walk by faith! “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” (Romans 12:2) T